Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Feast of the Holy Rosary




Feast of the Holy Rosary
The feast of the Holy Rosary was established by Saint Pius V on the anniversary of the naval victory won by the Christian fleet at Lepanto, October 7, 1571. The victory was attributed to the help of the holy Mother of God whose aid was invoked through praying the Rosary.
The celebration of this day invites all to mediate upon the mysteries of Christ, following the example of the Blessed Virgin Mary who was so singularly associated with the incarnation, passion and glorious resurrection of the Son of God. 

5 comments:

Ziggy Stardust said...

Thank you for that beautiful post and reminder that I haven't taken out my rosary for a while.

Anne

lynn'sgarden said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting and following my blog! I am new on this journey with Isagenix and from everything I've heard/read about it, I know I'll love it! I enjoyed learning about you on your posts and look forward to reading more ;)
Lynn

Sally said...

You're a sweetheart, you know that? :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

I had no idea where the Holy Rosary came from. This is so interesting. I would have thought it older than that!

Tes said...

I am touched that you carried my button! And really thrilled that you're blogging. You will love it girlfriend! If we were neighbors, we will be in the Wednesday novena together on top of the rosary and mass. Miss you! *hugs*

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Your thoughts are valuable to me. I hope you enjoyed my blog site. Come again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails